Sunday, June 22, 2014

Easy Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers

Happy Sunday!! 
Today I'm going to share with you all one of my most favorite recipes ever, turkey stuffed bell peppers. I love it so much for two reasons. 
1) it's SUPER easy. I mean, if I can do it anyone can. 
2) it tastes delicious! Even the hubby will eat it. 
I've been trying to do this whole "wifey" thing and in learning that for someone that's still a baby like me(I'm only 23) learning the ropes can be pretty challenging. I came into this relationship HATING cooking and DOUBLE HATING house work. But I must say, the more I experience with food the more I'm starting to enjoy it. Now the housework part, I don't think that will ever change. 

Ingredients 
4 bell peppers
1lb ground turkey meat
1/2 white onion 
2 cups of rice 
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Garlic salt
Chilli powder 
Paprika 
Shredded cheese(any kind you prefer)

1) first you'll need to cut the top off of the bell peppers and clean all of the seeds out. Once this is done, place them in a pot of boiling water. This will soften then up so they aren't super crunchy. 
2) while they are boiling, dice up your 1/2 onion and brown in a pan. 
3) now that the onions are browned, add in the turkey meat and a little bit of each seasoning. I NEVER measure my seasonings I just go off of taste. Feel free to make this your own and add whatever you like, you really can't mess this up. As you can see, I added about half a can of diced tomatos but it really wasn't necessary. I was just tryin something different. 
4) while the turkey is browning, time to boil the rice (the bell peppers are still in boiling water as we are finishing all of this up)
5) once the turkey meat is browned and it's to your flavor and the rice is finished, combine the rice with the turkey. Mix it all up! And we are ALMOST done:) 
6) now you can take the bell peppers out of the water. Be careful when doing this, they're going to be HOT HOT HOT. 
Stuff these bell peppers with our delicious rice and turkey mixture. Sprinkle whatever type of cheese you want on the top. 
7) once I've done this I usually stick them in the oven at about 325 degrees just long enough to melt the cheese and WALAH!! 

Hope you guys enjoy:) Feel free to leave comments if you have any ideas to change this recipe up a bit. I'm ALWAYS looking for something different. 



No comments:

Post a Comment